Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Postal Presents


My postal present is a make-up organizer aimed at 16-25 yr old girls. The trouble many women have is that the most common place to store your make-up is in some kind of toiletries bag, which proves not useful at all, as you struggle to dig through and find your make-up, often resulting in ruining the make-up. With this coral inspired concept, contains your everyday make-up, such as mascarca, eye liner and lipstick in a way that makes it easily identifiable. The product with be presented "posted" semi-assembled however can easily be completely flat packed. The product is make from polypropolene and brass plated paper fasteners. It celebrates sheet materials qualities by is minimal use of "fasteners" or adhesion.

5 comments:

  1. That's really cool! The colour of the polypropylene coupled with the different sizes of the cones just really makes the cosmetics jump out at you. It's really playful, while the brass fasteners add a touch of class. One thing I would change to this design is to make the holes in the base less rough, possibly just neat circles or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this design because it is helpful and beautiful.I think it solves a problem that many women have in a clever way.It makes the make up pocess quick! I think it will be better if you can design a holder which can hold other basic made-up tools like lash curler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your design which solve the problem in a beautiful way.and the material you choosed is pretty well for making this organiser.but i m not sure if it is better by useing more bright color to make this product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do encounter this problem of rummaging through my make-up bag almost everyday and i appreciate your innovative solution to it.
    I might consider doing this for myself but maybe you could have incorporated a way for this to all be folded into a transparent bag of some sort, making it like a traveling case.
    I might also have varied the cone heights a little more so that it makes it easier for me to see what I'm grabbing.
    Great, fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty organiser you got there emily. Looks like a pin cushion but for your stationary not a bad concept. You could have made the base turn flat. I know as you said through your presentation it would be time consuming to put it together but it wouldnt look so bunched up as it sits in the envelope. pretty cool idea emily pretty simple to put together i must say..nice job.

    ReplyDelete